Welcome to Body, Mind & Paw, the newsletter of The Growlin' Gourmet. Every other month we provide advice, tips and articles on caring for your furry companion. You'll also find special offers and news from The Growlin' Gourmet.
If you like this newsletter please feel free to forward it to your friends. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas please reply to this e-zine and let us know what you think.
All the best,
Marianne & Steve
In This Issue
- News & Events
- Article: Is Your Dog Cool?
News & Events
Happy summer everyone! Here’s the latest news and upcoming events.
First, The Growlin’ Gourmet has a new home! We have moved to the North Dam Mill in Biddeford, ME. We are very excited to be a part of this unique and dynamic community. Our new home will provide us with much needed room to grow.
Wondering where to find us this summer? We will be at the following locations. Come see us and support your local farmers!
- Falmouth Farmers Market: Wednesdays May 5th - Oct 6th. Noon to 4pm at the Walmart Shopping Center, Us Route 1 in Falmouth
- Freeport Farmers Market: Fridays May 28th - Oct 8th. 3pm to 7pm at the L.L.Bean Campus, Freeport
- Saco Farmers Market: Saturdays May 8th - Oct 30th. 7am to noon at the Saco Valley Shopping Center, Saco
Is Your Dog Cool?
Just a quick reminder.....
During the “dog days” of summer the temperature inside a car can rise to over 120 degrees in a matter of minutes, even if the car is parked in the shade. Dogs and cats can’t perspire and must dispel heat by panting and through the pads of their feet. An animal left in a care for only a few minutes can suffer from heat exhaustion, heat stroke and even die. Please play it safe this summer and leave your pet at home when you head out on the road.
If you see a pet in a car alone during the summer months, alert the management of the store where the car is parked. If the owner does not return promptly call the local police or animal control immediately. Visit MyDogIsCool.com to learn what you can do to protect dogs from the dangers of hot cars. Please help spread the word!
Come see us!
Saco Farmers Market
Saco Valley Shopping Center
Saturdays 7am to noon
South Portland Farmers Market
Hinckley Drive (Millcreek)
Thursdays 3pm to 7pm
Where to find our biscuits
* The Animal House, Damariscotta
* Axis Natural Foods, Auburn
* The Belfast Coop, Belfast
* Bearded Collie Club of Maine
* Black Cherry Provisions, Falmth
* Call Me Pet Sitter, Rockwall, TX
* Camp Bow Wow, Portland
* Creative Turtle, Boothbay Hrb.
* Dakota Dog Company, N.J.
* Fetch, Portland
* Harvest Hill Farms, Poland
* Jordan's Farm, Cape Elizabeth
* Maine's Pantry, Portland
* Misty Meadows Farm, Grand Isle
* Paws Applause, Scarborough
* PetScripts Pharmacy, Yarmouth
* Sooper Dogs, Biddeford
* State of Maine Cheese, Rockport
* Stone Soup Artisans, Saco
* The Good Life Market, Raymond
* Wags and Wool, Lubec